CAPofPA - College Planning ProfessionalsSurviving the FAFSA & CSS
Going Beyond with Scholarships and More!
Let’s be honest, college is COSTLY.
Knowing how you and your student will pay for the next four years can be a daunting and overwhelming process.
Let’s get REAL. Most highschool guidance counselors are completely unprepared in how to guide students and their families through understanding how to use the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and CSS (College Scholarship Service) profiles to their financial advantage. CAPofPA is here to fix what is broken.
The process of applying for scholarships takes work from a student, as the process of applying for scholarships should be viewed like a part-time job. Searching and applying for scholarships should also not be something for just high school students, but also those in college and even grad students as there are private scholarship funds for all types of students.
Are you ready to claim what is available for you?
Each year, over $2 Billion in federal grants go unclaimed.
In Control of the FAFSA & CSS.
CAPofPA is a nonprofit, 501(c)3 with over 20 years of college guidance and application experience. During this time, CAPofPA has helped thousands of high school seniors navigate the college application and financial aid process.
In today’s financial climate, and the climbing cost of higher education, CAPofPA is now offering their COMPLETE FAFSA and CSS knowledge base to you through a self guided video program.
Over 4.5 Hours of Learning Content
24 Classes & Topics
You will know…
- How to successfully complete your FAFSA and CSS profiles with confidence
- How to not miss out on available state grant applications
- How to navigate unique tax return situations and special circumstances (loss of income, divorce, business owners, siblings, etc.)
- Accountability for deadlines in addition to timelines and what you need to have prepared
Learn What You Need To Know For A Successful FAFSA And CSS Profile Completion!
Maximize Your Scholarship Potential
Finding the right money to help support an undergraduate education can be daunting. When researching scholarships, you can feel that you are on an endless path of uncertainty, not knowing if you are looking in the right place.
In our Merit Scholarship & Marketing Strategies program, you will learn how to not only find scholarships that you will have the best chance to earn, but also how to market yourself when applying. CAPofPA is here in partnership with you.
2 Modules & Sessions
Easy-to-understand guide with tons of effective tips
Downloadable 4-Page Merit Scholarship Handout
In this course, you will learn:
- How to access a legitimate, reliable database for finding and applying for scholarships
- To identify other places to look for institutional and private scholarship options
- What to do during this waiting time as we hear back from our colleges
Your Comprehensive Guide For Finding Scholarships And Application Strategies
Let’s Tell The Truth.
- 9$234.9 billion: The total amount of aid that undergraduate and graduate students received in 2020-21 from all grants, federal loans, tax credits, and federal work-study. Understand these options and how to take advantage of them.
- 9Approximately 6,000 postsecondary institutions participate in the Title IV (FAFSA) programs. Know how to use the FAFSA results to your student’s benefit.
- 9Over 230 colleges use the CSS Profile, an application to award institutional grants and scholarships. Do not miss out on additional dollars available to your student if their school uses the CSS.
- 9More than 1.7 million fellowships and private scholarships in the United States are awarded each year. 25% of college students received money from these scholarships and grants.Preparation is key for scholarship success.
- 9Around 1,581,000 scholarships are available to undergraduate and graduate students each year.Do you know how to find the right scholarship opportunity?
- 9Only one in eight college students is awarded a scholarship. Unfortunately, 42% of scholarships cannot be found through a simple Google search.Do you have the knowledge and experience to do this alone?